Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snowflake Tin Ornament

This is the ornament on my tree


Hanging on my light


A close up of the ornament
Good evening everyone! Isn't this ornament BEAUTIFUL? I really had my thinking cap on for this one! I made this ornament with none other than the triangle box from TBBM. I cut 2 triangle boxes at 4 inches wide in my Gypsy. The exact measurements were 9.72 wide X 4 inches high. I glued them together to get this triangle shaped ornament and put a piece of wire through the top for a hanger. I then traced each side of the ornament on to plain white paper for a pattern and then I traced the pattern onto silver metal sheeting and cut them out. Then I ran each piece through the cuttlebug to get the snowflake pattern embossed on them and then I colored the metal with my blue copic marker. Can you believe they color stayed on the metal and it only takes seconds for it to dry. These markers are AWESOME! Next I sanded over the top to get the raised images silver once again. I put each piece on with a combination of sticky tape and a hot glue gun. Then I hot glued silver beading down each edge to hide my seams and added a bow at the top. This ornament is quite large. It's about 7 inches tall. I am going to enter this into Fantabulous Cricuts challenge this week which was to make a home decor project. I hope you all are having a great day!



18 comments:

Saundra said...

This is beautiful! I had seen this last year on another blog and forgot that I wanted to try the thin metal in my Cuttlebug. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!

Unknown said...

WOW! Amazing! Great job.

SpantastiKreations said...

HOLY COW....this is amazing. I never thought to use metal.

TFS,
Erin

Jean said...

This is very nice. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Katherine said...

Hopping over to say hello. I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine P.S. pleases top by and don't forget to enter my giveaway.

Orlie said...

I would love to win the AVG gun. I go to my daughter's and use her. I was not able to find the christmas cart so that would be good to win also. Thank you Orlie
brians@tds.net

Melissa said...

Absolutely beautiful, how long did this take to make?

Dorcas said...

This is sooo pretty! Your fabulously creative! Love it!

girlia said...

Gorgeous ornament!

Michelle said...

very pretty ! you did an awesome job!
scrappinwithmybug.com

2Bis2DO said...

Wow this is a beautiful ornament.
Love it!
Thanks for your comment.

CricutLvr!! said...

Wow, this is just Beautiful!! I lOVE IT!!!!
I'm so glad you entered this in our FCCB challenge this week!!! Very nice!!
Happy Holidays and good luck

CuteCuteWorld said...

oh wow!! awesome job, I loveeee how you put it through your cuttle bug. I would have never thought of that. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB :)

Helen said...

Wow! This is amazing! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Unknown said...

Your ornaments turned out beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the FCCB Deck the Halls Cricut Crawl.

Angela
Simple Creations
FCCB DT

Sherri said...

Wow....that's pretty!!!

Thanks for crawling with us at Fantabulous Cricut.

Kate said...

This looks gorgeous! How clever of you to work out all the details and put it together. I love the embossing on the tin. Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

MoonDust Bath and Body said...

Might I say how absolutely awesome you are. I love this so elegant. Thanks for playing with us over at FCCB.