Monday, January 17, 2011

Armadillo Gift Bag



Hello everyone! How cute is this gift bag? I did this for More Than Favors which was a gift/treat bag and Bitten By The Bug 2 which was either the bird or armadillo from Birthday Bash. I cut the purse from Once Upon A Princess at fit to page. I also cut the purse handles in the poka dot paper. The armadillo was cut from Birthday Bash at 2 inches. I added Glossy Accents to all the black on him except for his mouth and eyes. I wanted to get the look of patten leather....I think it does. It has a monochromatic look to it. I then added brads to the ends of the purse handles and the corners of the bag. The clasp is a lock brad and I mounted the closure on velcro. To finish I added the ribbon around the whole bag and stamped the sentiment. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

HOLY MOLY! That's ADORABLE!!!!! So very cute!!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Great project!

Karen Pinsonat said...

This is precious! Love the glossy finish!

Adrian said...

This is just 2 gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Your so creative, this looks like a real purse.

Jovan said...

This is so stinkin cute!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute you will have to do a tutorial on this cute project.tfs

girlia said...

Gigi what can I say, but truly AMAZING!

More Than Favors said...

Gigi this is Beautiful! I love it! Thank you for joining the Wacky Wednesday Challenge!

Happy Crafting,
Paula
Morethanfavors.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

Adorable bag, Gigi! I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a stylish blog award. The details are posted on my blog.

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Please check out my blog.... I think you will really like my latest post!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is very creative....The Black POPs...Krista

Faith Abigail Designs said...

What an awesome gift bag! I love the glossy accents.

Rhonda Emery said...

love this purse too cute.

GiuliaG. said...

I'm a sucker for purses.....you've really done a wonderful job with this challenge....an armadillo purse..Huh...gotta get one!

DonnaMundinger said...

Too cute! LOVE the b&w! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 xxD

Carole Beath said...

This is absolutely adorable and ingenius. Thanks for joining us at our BBTB2 challenge.
Carole

shelly said...

great gift bag thanks for sharing it with us at bbtb2

A Little Time said...

This is so adorable! I love the monochromatic look to this. I just have to make myself an armadillo purse!