Monday, February 7, 2011

Celebrate The Occasion Challenge #1



Hello everyone! Here is my DT project for this weeks Celebrate The Occasion challenge. This week the challenge is Kid's Birthday. I started this project with a simple box that measures 5 inches high X 1.5 inches wide X 3 inches tall. I then cut a 4 7/8 X 6.25 inch piece of cardstock that I rounded the corners with my corner punch and a mat layer that was cut at 4.75 X 6 that I also rounded the corners. I glued this piece to the back inside of the box to get the back. I added a 2.5 inch strip of matching paper around the center of the box. The girl was cut from Twinkle Toes at 4 inches and the frame on top of box with the stamped sentiment was cut at 1.5 inches also from Twinkle Toes. The cake was cut from Simply Charmed at 2.5 inches that I hid the face layers in my Gypsy. I embossed the layers of the cake with my Cuttlebug and used my white gel pen to highlight the cake and girl. To finish I added a bar of soap and bottle of lotion as a gift. I hope you will go check out this weeks challenge at Celebrate The Occasion and I look forward to seeing YOUR creations! Make sure you come back here for our Valentine Blog Hop on Saturday Feb. 12th! Take care and happy paper crafting!

12 comments:

girlia said...

Awesome Job Gigi! I love this

Pat N. said...

What a wonderful idea! You did a great job Gigi. Really, really adorable. (thanks for posting my blog candy give away on your side bar; I did reach 100++ followers! Yoo hoo!) -- Pat

Adrian said...

This is so pretty, great idea:)

Tracey said...

What a great idea for a gift! I just bought Twinkle Toes.....can't wait to use it after seeing this:)

Nicole said...

Wow GiGi! This is a great idea! You've inspired me to break open my Twinkle Toes cartridge that I haven't used yet but HAD to have on Black Friday! LOL

Savahanna said...

Wow this is such a cute project. What a great idea. I love the cute little girl. Thanks for sharing. I ♥ it!

Nadia's World said...

Awesome gift idea Gigi! This is really beautiful. Great colors/paper. Love it!! :)

Nicole T.

Melissa said...

You are so creative, I just love everything you make!

Shelly said...

Gigi, I awarded you with the stylish blogger award! I look forward to seeing what you create every week! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Unknown said...

WoW, Gigi. That is TOO cute. What a GREAT idea. Always nice to see your creations. :)

Anonymous said...

Gigi this is adorable...love that little girl.. I made a card with her the other day... love that cart..

Great gift idea...

Ivette

Jennie Garcia said...

Amazing Project!! Love it!! I've dying to get this cart but I've had no luck on my Walmart.
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/