Monday, December 19, 2011

Scraptastic Mondays



It is with a sad heart to say that this will be my last DT post for Scraptastic Mondays. Cindy has decided not to do challenges anymore. I want to thank Cindy for having me on her DT and for being such a wonderful person to work with. It was a GREAT experience for me and it got me into a whole new field of paper crafting, creating with digi's. With that being said, here is my project:
I made this fun gift card holder. I used Cindy's X-mas Girl With Banner digi. Isn't she ADORABLE! I colored her with Copics and added stickles to her hat and pom. I stamped the sentiment in the banner using a stamp from Whimsical Designs Snow Much Fun stamp set and added a thin layer of stickles over the top to give it some sparkle. I created the gift card holder around this digi. I can give you the basics of how I did this, but I will not be able to give you exact directions. I started by cutting a 4.5 X 11 inch piece of cardstock. I glued down the digi at the top center leaving enough room to trim around it. I placed my gift card under the digi and used a pencil to draw where I wanted the fold and the top of the card. I then placed my glue bottle in the center top and traced around it to get the tab to close it and cut it out. I cut slits in the corners for the gift card and cut around the underneath of the banner for the tab to fit into to close it. I made the front by cutting a piece of cardstock 1/8 inch smaller and stamped it with a snowflake stamp from Whimsical Designs So Much Fun stamp set and added stickle dots to it. I added ribbon to it and glued it down. I added a bow and a tag that I cut and wrote from hand.
I hope you all liked my project and thanks for looking! Please don't forget to check out what the rest of the amazing DT had created. Have a great day!
I am entering this into Robins Creative Cottage linky party.

19 comments:

Adrian said...

So adorable!

Melissa said...

OMGigi, you did a wonderful job on that holder, I love it!!! I thought you got it from a cartridge or something of that sort, great job!

Kate said...

Beautiful Gigi! I will miss working with you DT Sister. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday.

Hugs,
Kate

Yoshiras time to craft said...

so cute.your coloring is great.i will miss her challenges.tfs

girlia said...

OMGoodness GiGi this is absolutely adorable.

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,AWESOME job with your BEAUTIFUL gift card holder!It is sooo STINKIN' CUTE!I LOVE the glitter you add,FANTASTIC job as always!!I really enjoyed working with you,Merry Christmas and thanks for everything!:)

Michele said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a terrific idea! You are so talented.

Happy Holidays!

Sherrie K. said...

So super cute Gigi! I love Cindy's digi-you didi her proud:) Love it! Have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

This gift card holder is so super cute! The image is just PREFECT!

Jessica Buffa said...

I love how cute this turned out! Fantastic way to dress up a simple gift and make it OUTSTANDING!
:O)
Jessica

SandeeNC said...

That is a super cute gift holder! I'm now a follower of your blog :) My blog got destroyed by Blogger and I'm having to rebuild it back so I sure could appreciate some help if you wouldn't mind following mine! Merry Christmas from North Carolina!

marg0006 said...

Youdid auch agreat job with this gift card holder. Thanks for the Link Up Party.
marg0006@verizon.net

Amy said...

What a cute gift card holder!!! Thanks for sharing it! Merry Christmas! :)Amy

Rae Ann said...

The coloring is great. I haven't done much with digis, yet. I am a Cricut lover, however. Did you design your little badge person? I saw some Harry Potter characters drawn the same way and I love them.
I went to your profile to see if there were a comment there about drawing it -- Wow! I thought I followed a lot of blogs. I'm nowhere near your level. Have a wonderful Christmas!
Rae Ann O. http://joyinart.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Lovely gift card holder! Such a pretty image and great coloring! Stopping by from Robin's link up!
Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season!
Glenda

Patty B said...

Gigi, what a super cute way to give a gift card! Great idea!! Glad you could join us at RCC!

RCC DT Member
Craftykitten1.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Robins Creative Cottage Tuesday Link Up Party. Like the gift card holder. Like your coloring.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Happyscrapin said...

Your gift card holder is fantastic.

Unknown said...

Wow, how the heck did I miss this?? So weird. So adorable. I really wish I would have seen this because I LOVE this gift card holder..it is so different, and would have loved to make a few for my Christmas gift cards. I really love what you did with Cindy's digi, and how you added my sentiment to the banner. The snowflake is adorable as a background stamp. Love everything about this one!