Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Bringing Out The Old" Whimsical Wednesday Challenge


Hello everyone! It's Wednesday which means a new Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. This week the challenge is "Bringing Out The Old". Create a Scrapbook LO or Card/Project of any theme but you must use something that you have not used in a long time, or might not have used at all since you purchased it. This can include anything used for crafting whether it is a tool, cartridge, paper, or embellishment.
For my something old I used my I-Top. I have not used it in a LONG time and it was something that I thought I would use ALL the time. Goes to show!
This was a super quick card! I stamped this cute girl and her turtle which is from Peachy Keens Vivienne and Friends stamp set. I colored it with a combinations of Copics, colored pencils, and chalk. I printed the background paper using my Imagine and Mr. Frosty and sewed around the picture with my sewing machine. For the sun I cut two of the flowers from Mother's Day Bouquet and layered them together. For the center of the sun I used my I-Top to cover a brad and sprayed the whole thing with Pearl Mist to give it some shimmer. To finish I tied a bow and stamped the sentiment which is from Whimsical Designs Whimsical Fun Vol. 1 stamp set.
I hope you all will play along this week and don't forget to check out what the rest of the amazing DT has created! Have a great day!
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
1. My Craft Spots Monday Challenge- Anything Goes
2. Peachy Keens Peachy Challenge- Photo Inspiration

14 comments:

Glora said...

This is beautiful! I just love the soft look of the coloring. That is so cool that you combined Copics, colored pencils and chalk. It gives a beautiful effect. I also love the Itop for the sun. It adds so much dimension! Beautiful job!!! Hugs- Glora

Orlie said...

GiGi, This is so beautiful!!!!! I just love all the soft colors you used. Boy when God handed out the talent you were right there!!!!!

Nanne said...

Aaaw, what a cute card Gigi..I too love that stamp and once again you did such an amazing job coloring it all in...
Hugs
Nanné

mum of two said...

Gigi, you did an amazing coloring job :) your card is gorgeous! TFS
michelle

DIANA L. said...

What a great digi I love how you colored it and such a pretty card.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

VICTORIA said...

Gigi your card is lovely and i am like you I have the I-top and i use it everynow and then. Good luck with the challenge. :)

Sherrie K. said...

Very pretty Gigi!! I love the cute image! That sun is awesome and the pearl mist gives it a nice shimmery look:) Nice job!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

GiGi, you have totally inspired me to break out the I-Top! I haven't used it in quite some time and it was definitely one of those purchases I swore I'd use all the time! Your card is just adorable! What a sweet image and love the stitching!

Cindy :) said...

pretty bg dp, love that sun, it pops, cute card :)

Melissa said...

That is one of my favorite stamp sets, the 3-D sun is a perfect touch.

Unknown said...

Adorable!! I am always amazed at how soft your cards look. I think you did a great job with your itop and used it so creativly to create a sun. Love that image..and wow, you used three different coloring tools. Very nice job this week!

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Gigi,Your card is just BEAUTIFUL my friend!I LOVE the PK stamp you used and your coloring is AMAZING, Have a great day!:)

DonnaMundinger said...

Love how you used the I-Top for the sun. Now that's one gadget I DIDN'T get. HHHmmmm.... Darling card! xxD

shelly said...

adorable card gigi :) great how you used different mediums for your coloring. i dont own the itop but wow what a great idea using it for the sun. have a super day :)