Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Celebrate Spring" Whimsical Wednesday Challenge


Hello everyone. It is with a super sad heart to say that this will be the last Whimsical Wednesday challenge. Stephanie had decided to take some well deserved time off and will no longer be hosting challenges. If you're like me, this is one of the first challenge's that I found when I first started blogging and played in too. I know that it will be missed greatly by a lot of you. Stephanie has been the most wonderful person to DT for and I will miss this very much. I also just want to say THANK YOU STEPHANIE for being such a wonderful friend and the awesome stamps you provided us with.You went above and beyond what most do and I want to let you know that I greatly appreciated it. XOXOXO
So now on to the last challenge....
It's time for a new Whimsical Wednesday Challenge. This time the challenge is "Celebrate Spring". Create any card or project to celebrate spring. This can be a spring image, colors, you decide how you celebrate spring.
I made this pretty card with the colors of spring in mind and bird's chirping. That's one of my favorite things about spring, waking up to the birds chirping.
My card is fairly simple, just a lot of layers. I cut all the layers and rounded some of the corners with a corner punch and inked all the edges. I made the banner in the center by cutting it by hand and the scallop center mat was cut from Cricut Craft Room Basics. I used my sewing machine and sewed around the blue mat and printed and cut the bird from the Imagine Lori's Garden cart. To finish I added a ribbon that I made using a brad center and stamped the sentiment which is from Whimsical Designs Whimsical Fun Vol. 1 stamp set.

I hope you all will play along this week and please don't forget to check out what the rest of the amazing DT has created! Have a great day and I can't wait to see what you will create!

9 comments:

Heather May Holbrook said...

I just love this card, GiGi! This cart is on my list, especially after seeing your card!! You have been a delight to work with the past few weeks, sad it has come to a close :(. I'm sure we will be seeing each other again in blogland though!
Hugs,
Heather P

Nanne said...

Gigi you are such a master when it comes to creating cards.. I adore this one with the Imagine cart cuts and I scrolled down to check out your other cards as well and your Happy Chick card is beyond ADORABLE..
Its been such a pleasure designing with you at WW..
Hugs
Nanné

sue w. said...

Hi Gigi, you are the master of the cricut! I love this. The colours are fab and I love the bird on it's perch, you can imagine him singing his first spring song!
I have enjoyed my time working with you, all be it for a short time but will visit you still and appreciate your super creations.
Hugs Sue W.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful, GiGi! The colors are perfect for ushering in the Spring season. It's been nothing but a pleasure crafting alongside you on this amazing design team. So glad to have met you and a bunch others along the way.

Orlie said...

GiGi your card is just breath taking. Very soft and springy. Keep them coming please.

Sherrie K. said...

Your card is beautiful as always Gigi!! I just love the inking and the awesome colors:) The cirdie is adorable too!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your sweet card Gigi!I TOTALLY LOVE all the pretty details and color combo,so BEAUTIFUL!Have a nice evening my friend!:)

Jovan said...

This card is so beautiful! I love the soft colors and papers!

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous! It has such a nice vintage feel to it. Great colors and love the little bow. Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to the team. I am so glad that we met, and am thankful for your friendship. Hugs!