Sunday, May 6, 2012

Recycled Soup Can Gift Pail



Hello everyone! I have another recycling project to show you! This time I used a soup can. I am in recycling mode, because I have another fun home decor project that I did and will be posting it this week. This coming weekend in my town is the city wide rummage sale and I can't wait to see what fabulous stuff I can find to re-purpose!
I made this to enter into Peachy Keen's challenge. This week the challenge is to use a recycled soup can.
I started with an empty soup can and added a beaded handle to it. I did this be using a metal piercing tool and punched holes in the sides of the can. I then added some wire, beaded it, and tied it through the hole on the opposite side. I covered the top and bottom 1/3 of the can with twine and the center is a strip of paper that I stamped the word MOM onto. I paper pieced the bee and added it to the can using pop dots. The tag I cut by hand, stamped the sentiment and lips, and tied it on with some ribbon. I am going to put a gift card on the inside, the perfect little gift pail!

SUPPLIES:
Peachy Keen Stamps- Faceless Bugs and Kiss Me Leprechaun
Aqua Blue Timeless Twine
Michaels Mom stamps, sorry I don't remember the brand
Wire, Beads, and Ribbon

Thanks for looking and have a great night!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that is so awesome great job

Saundra said...

This is wonderful, GiGi! I love the beaded handle! Thanks for joining us at PKS! ~Hugs!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, another super cute idea! It's amazing how you can turn a soup can into such a wonderful gift holder:) So cute! Who ever gets it will treasure it for sure:)
BTW, go the PK stamp...yeah! Hope to get in my craft room this week and make a project with it:) THANKS again!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Robin said...

This is soo cute! Great way to recycle a can. I'm sure your mom will love it.
(:(:Smiles:):)

Robin

Michelle said...

This is sooo cute! I LOVE that beaded handle !! very gorgeous I would love a bracelet in that LOL!!! it must of taken forever to wrap all that twine lol ! Thanks soo much for linking up with us at Peachy Keen !!!

Michelle- DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Christine's Creative Cards said...

This is great...I love the twine wrapped around it. TFS

--C
christinescreativecards@gmail.com
christinescreativecards.blogspot.com

Glora said...

WOW, this turned out SO awesome. Just imagine what we can do with soup cans. BEAUTIFUL job on the challenge!!!! Hugs- Glora

Leanne said...

This is adorable!! Love the beaded handle and also your little bee is to stinkin cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps! Hugs, Leanne

Jaren said...

OOOhhh! I love how you did the twine!
Jaren
http://purpleparadisecreations.blogspot.com

Sharon Fultz said...

Love this! I just purchased a bunch of twine and was looking for some ideas on how to use it. Especially love the handle.

Kim said...

Such a cute can! I jumped over from the Peachy Challenge site, and I'm glad I did. "Souper" job!

Cindy :) said...

awesome and so pretty :)

Raven B said...

WOW this is simply fabulous I LOVE the colors, the twine, the ribbon, the sentiment the Peachy Keen Face ohhh I just love this!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Peachy Keen Stamps.

Hugs,
Raven~PKS DT

Cindy Beland said...

OMG GORGEOUS job with the PK challenge Gigi!I LOVE your sweet little bee and the handle,TOO STINKIN' CUTE!Have a great day my friend!:)

girlia said...

adorable

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE WORK THAT YOU DO.I HAVE BECOME ONE OF YOUR FOLLOWER

Kristi said...

So stinkin CUTE! I love the twine wrapped around, and that bee is the cutest ever! Thanks for joining the PK Challenge!

Tommmsg said...

This is sooo cute! I LOVE that beaded handle !! very gorgeous I would love a bracelet in that LOL!!! it must of taken forever to wrap all that twine lol ! Thanks soo much for linking up with us at Peachy Keen !!! Michelle- DT www.scrappinwithmybug.com