Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Kids




Good morning everyone! Peachy Keen's challenge is a sketch this week and it's so cute I just had to play along! And it gives me an excuse to play with my July SOTM kit. Here is the sketch:
I flipped the sketch and this is the card that I came up with. The boy and girl were stamped and colored with copics. I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to Copics, so I was pretty happy with the end result. I tried a technique that was really cool. On the girls dress, after I was done coloring it in, I used my colorless blender to do the poka dots on her dress my just dotting it all over. I think it turned out really neat! I used my sewing machine and sewed around the square mat in white. Then I took chalk and colored over the stitching lines in red to get that color. The decorative circle mat was cut from Elegant Edges and the sentiment banner was paper pieced. I stamped the sentiment which is from My Craft Spot's new Tiny Tags 2 set. To finish I added a button with twine and some brads. I hope you all like my card and thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!
SUPPLIES
My Craft Spot- Tiny Tags 2 and Cherry Divine Twine
Peachy Keen- July SOTM Kit
Cricut- Elegant Edges

15 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...pretty papers! Lee-Ann :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Just ADORABLE Gigi!!! LOVE your coloring - and can't help but smile when I see their grins!!! LOVE!!! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Nana said...

Adorable, I can't quit smiling.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

Jovan said...

This card is so stikin cute...I love the papers!

Kim H said...

Gigi ~ WOW! Your coloring is simply AMAZING! I LOVE how you did their faces and her dress ~ is just FABULOUS!!! I LOVE that idea! This stamp set is just too CUTE but you made it even CUTER!!! WOW! Of course I LOVE the papers too!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Good golly, this is adorable! Love those fun little snaggle-tooth faces! Your card just makes me happy!

Cindy Beland said...

Oh my GOSH!!!Gigi you are sooo flippin' AMAZING!!!!GORGEOUS job with your sweet card,TOO CUTE!have a SUPER day my friend!!!:)

VICTORIA said...

GiGi I love your card. Don't you jut love the July SOM!!!!

Michelle said...

Wow ! awesome job love the style and the coloring you did! great job !!! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Peachy Keen!!!

Michelle-DT
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Liz O. said...

What a fun card, those faces inevitably make me smile, love the colors and patterns you chose and your coloring is fabulous...TFS
Have a lovely day!
Liz

Cassandra said...

So cute! Your little kiddos are GREAT. Love your coloring - you are doing great with it!! I'm still new and practicing too. So much fun :)

Sherrie K. said...

Your coloring is amazing and this is so stinken cute. The faces just crack me up:) Such a FUN card!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Adorable! Your coloring looks great!

jessica said...

this is so adorable! LOVE your coloring and those peachy stamps are too cute!!
TFS

Unknown said...

AWESOME coloring! Love the colors you chose and how you framed the kids. So fun! Thanks for linking up in this week's PK Challenge!