Friday, January 4, 2013

Peachy Keen Sneak Peek #2




Hello everyone! I have another Peachy Keen Sneak Peek to share with you! These bears are so cute, they're hard to resist!
This is a Treat Cup Slider Card and you can find a wonderful TUTORIAL for them HERE. The purpose to this card is being able to get the candy out without tearing the card apart.
I created my Treat Cup Slider card using the tutorial and then decorated it. I stamped and paper pieced the bear from the NEW January 2013 Stamp Of The Month Kit. I colored her with Copic's and added some white freckles and eyes with a white gel pen. I mounded her pieces with pop dots to give her some height. I added the chocolate heart inside the cup holder and used a little ATG tape on the front to hold it in place. I stamped the sentiment and mounted it to some red cardstock and placed it at the bottom.
For the pull up tag I used a heart punch and punched a tag pull and stamped that cute "I WUB YOU" as a secret message for when they open the card. 
I hope you all enjoyed seeing my sneaks this week and head over to Peachy Keen to see more wonderful creations with these new stamps. Also don't forget to come to the RELEASE PARTY on Saturday Jan. 5th at 6 PM at The Peachy Keen Connection where all the stamps will be revealed. There will also be a challenge and you could win a prize!
Have a wonderful day!
UPDATE: I've had a lot of questions as to where I got my treat cups. I got them from Stampin' Up and you can find them in their catalog HERE. 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I have not been able to comment on your blog for about a week now. I kept getting an error code. I have been wanting to say congrats on the PK Design Team! How exciting. They are lucky to have you GiGi. As always this card is beyond adorable. Those bears are hard to resist. Love the idea of a treat card. I can't wait to see everything you create with as a Designer with PK.

mum of two said...

GiGi! This is adorable :) I have to try that slider card, I have treat cups just lying around - never used... TFS :)

Michelle
Purple Monkey Moments

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is soooo STINKIN' CUTE Gigi!Super sweet idea to have a yummy treat inside,AWESOME job as always my friend!!!:)

Houses Built of Cards said...

Awww...these bears ARE super CUTE!!! I can't wait to see them all!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

This is so cute...you're so darn creative...love it!! Lee-Ann :)

L.B. said...

Love that his tummy is the heart!! So much fun and just adorable.

Glora said...

GiGi, this is ADORABLE. What a cute idea.I absolutely LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

Unknown said...

Aww Gigi, your slider card is inspired love! Love the texture on the teddy and her cute bow! xxx

i'm with the band said...

Your peeks are waaaaay too cute!!!!

Gwen said...

I don't think I said congrats on the new DT for peachy keen that is so awesome! Love this card, it is just plain cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Okay, this is fabulous Gigi! I want that chocolate, hehe! Your heart paper background is so cute and of course the bear.....totally sweet! Love this!
Also want to say, I am thrilled to be designing with you over at MCS! Yeah!
Sherrie K
http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Pam said...

I just love this little bear! You did a great job!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

OH!MY! Adorable & Yummy!

Kathy Salido said...

So cute Gigli. What a great little treat holder. Where did u find the treat cups?

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Great idea to give a treat. Thanks for adding the tutorial. TFS --C

DIANA L. said...

Your card is adorable Gigi. The new release looks wonderful.